The European type wood windows manufactured in the carpentry “Mežmaļi” have 3 (three) year warranty period from the date the windows are delivered to the client, provided that the requirements of the building standards of the Republic of Latvia and the following rules are met:
- During transportation and storage, the windows should be placed in an upright position at an 85-90o angle, according to the direction in which the windows are to be installed in the frame. If that is not possible, the windows should be placed with hinges facing down.
- The storage area should be well ventilated with the relative humidity of 50-70%.
- During the construction work, the windows should be covered by the protective film and specialized painters tape on PVC base. The tape must be removed no later than two weeks after its installation.
- After the installation of the windows, the fitting foam must be covered with plaster in no later than 3-4 weeks.
- It is prohibited to hang weights from the leaves.
- It is prohibited to place any objects between the leaf and the frame to block the window or leave the windows open unattended.
- Windows must be opened by using the fixed handle positions:
- 90 ° – open position,
- 135 ° – winter ventilation position (if fitted)
- 180 ° – active ventilation position.
- Windows may not be used as load-bearing structures.
- Protect the fittings from the entry of any foreign bodies (building dust, debris, etc.).
- The moving parts of the fitting must be lubricated with mineral oil once a year.
- It is prohibited to wash the windows with aggressive chemicals.
- The painted surfaces should be treated 3-4 times per year with special REMMERS agents, by first de-greasing the surface (REINIGER) and then adding polishing wax (POLITUR).
- Protect the wood parts of the window from mechanical damages.
The manufacturer is not responsible for mechanical damages and other defects resulting from improper operation of the windows.